Building Families Through Love, Dedication And Joy

Representing Foster Parents And Relatives Intervening In CPS Cases

When Child Protective Services (CPS) gets involved in a child’s life, it is typically because the child’s biological parents are unable to provide the safe, supportive home that every child deserves. As a foster parent or kinship relative looking to adopt, what are your rights with regard to the CPS case? How do you have a voice with regard to the child whom you have loved and cared for, perhaps for a substantial portion of their life?

I am passionate about helping people like you intervene in CPS cases to pursue custody or adoption of the child. I’m Natasha Combs, a Dallas-based adoption lawyer. I focus my practice on foster parent and kinship adoptions because I believe it’s some of the most meaningful work I can do. Every child deserves a safe, stable, and loving home, and I love getting to be a part of that.

What To Know About Intervening In A Texas CPS Case

To have a say in what happens in a child’s CPS case, you must have legal standing to intervene. In Texas, foster parents are entitled to intervene if they have been fostering the child for at least 12 months. Kinship relatives are also able to intervene if they have played a meaningful role in the child’s daily life, serving as a parent or guardian.

CPS cases can be complicated because there are multiple parties involved – the agency, the biological parents and their attorneys, the foster parent or relative, and the attorney representing the child. For a settlement to happen, all parties must be in agreement. Cases that don’t reach a resolution via agreement end up in court before a judge or jury.

Why Work With An Experienced Lawyer

Given the high stakes involved in CPS cases, it’s important to work with a lawyer who understands all the nuances. I draw on more than 8 years of experience to help clients navigate every step and every obstacle that arises along the way. My only job is to advocate for you, and I will do so while striving to make the experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. I have positive professional relationships with the local judges and CPS attorneys, which matters in these cases. You can count on me to be there for you.

Learn More About How I Can Help You Intervene In A CPS Case

For a free initial consultation, reach out to my firm – Law Office of Natasha Combs, PLLC – through the contact page or by phone at 214-894-2951. I look forward to learning more about your situation and letting you know how I can help.